My Goodbye Post

by Eyonix | 02/04/2010 23:18:45

Eyonix

For nearly six years, we've shared our thoughts with one and other, we've laughed, we've argued, and we've cried -- the crying part was just me wasn't it? Those times, I'm afraid must come to an end as I've made the decision to explore opportunities outside of Blizzard.

It has very honestly been a huge pleasure, and I thank you all for allowing 'Eyonix' to always remain a very fond memory as I move on.

by Grimiku | 02/04/2010 23:24:33

Grimiku

It has been fun working with you Eyonix. Best of luck out there in the wilds.

/salute

"Staggering like birds against a hurricane and trying all the while to stay out of each others way." - Greg Graffin

Forum Moderator

by Bashiok | 02/04/2010 23:37:09

Bashiok

To my oldest friend here at Blizzard, I wish you only the best of luck. It's been both a pleasure and an honor to work with you all these years. You've been a teacher, a champion, and a confidant. I owe much of where I am today to you, and I'm certain that I can never fully repay such a debt.

You will be dearly missed around here, and remembered fondly.

Just watch out for those buses.

Good travels buddy.

by Eyonix | 02/04/2010 23:43:17

Eyonix

Q u o t e:
You can't be leaving. D: Will you still post around as a regular poster, but behind an alias that none of us will know?

Without a doubt. ;)

by Zarhym | 02/04/2010 23:51:35

Zarhym

I love every aspect of your existence on this planet.

Take it, they give it. So rivet for rivet
I will pilfer my family a bulletproof love...

by Nethaera | 02/04/2010 23:59:31

Nethaera

I'll keep it simple. :( You've been a constant and ready friend. You will be missed. I don't think I could say anything more than that.

by Zarhym | 03/04/2010 00:02:24

Zarhym

Q u o t e:
When a great CM leaves, does their icon get retired like NBA jersey numbers?

So it is and must always be.

Take it, they give it. So rivet for rivet
I will pilfer my family a bulletproof love...

by Ghostcrawler | 03/04/2010 00:03:48

Ghostcrawler

I miss you already, amigo. :(

Ghostcrawler
Lead Systems Designer

by Eyonix | 03/04/2010 00:20:30

Eyonix

Q u o t e:
Any comments on the reason for this? Be vague.

Alright, but I'll have to be really vague.

Sometimes the hedgehog, is not really a hedgehog, but actually the single most powerful, immutable force on Earth. Understand now?

by Crithto | 03/04/2010 00:24:07

Crithto

He was the first "Blue" I ever saw back in open-beta days and after World of Warcraft went live. I had no idea years later I'd be working right beside him and he's become a great friend.

I will miss you, my friend, and thank you for all the help you've given me. Simply put, you are symbolic of the honor I feel to be here and that will never go away. May all your endeavors be prosperous.

<Mod Squad>
Don't cry because its over, Smile because it happened!

by Rygarius | 03/04/2010 00:45:58

Rygarius

Q u o t e:

Eyonix, you will be missed. /hug

(> ^.^)> ( Mod Squad ) <(^.^ <)

Currently powered by: Caffeine

by Eyonix | 03/04/2010 01:00:32

Eyonix

I'm heading out now, so this will be my last post. Thanks for all the good times. :D

by Brennvin | 03/04/2010 01:02:28

Brennvin

Take care old friend. I know the entire community and our team will dearly miss you. You've been a great friend, colleague and asset to the community. I wish you the best and I know you'll do amazing things.

/hug

< Mod Squad >

Victoria Concordia Crescit

by Bornakk | 03/04/2010 01:14:02

Bornakk

Thank you for everything you have done for me and this community.

Take care of yourself. You will be missed.

by Zarhym | 03/04/2010 02:42:18

Zarhym

Q u o t e:
were the steely eyed guards ushering him out on both arms is that why he got to leave at 4pm?

I just said my final goodbye as he got in the car and drove off into the horizon. He's in very good spirits and knows what he's doing. Even still, it was really hard to see him go (not that we won't keep in touch). It's not an understatement to say that Eyonix has had a very tangible and positive effect on every Blizzard employee who posts on our forums worldwide.

Take it, they give it. So rivet for rivet
I will pilfer my family a bulletproof love...

by Syndri | 03/04/2010 02:50:49

Syndri

You were actually one of the reasons I joined Blizzard Entertainment, though I don't think I ever told you.

Thank you for being a wonderful mentor and friend. You, your guidance, and your ability to strike up a conversation with just about anyone will all be sorely missed.

/massive hug

by Malkorix | 03/04/2010 03:04:24

Malkorix

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." - Dr. Suess

I'm smiling, but I'll miss you. Your wit and quiet brilliance were always an inspiration to me. We were all richer for your presence, and now poorer for your absence.

Farewell, best luck.

Curiosity hacked the cat?

But an Authenticator brought him back! Secure your account and we'll stuff a puppy in your mailbox! Find out how: http://us.battle.net/security/

by Zenlyth | 03/04/2010 03:31:53

Zenlyth

Eyonix, te deseo mucha suerte con todo corazĂłn… <3 :’)

Representante de Servicio al Cliente en los Foros
2 de Abril de 2010 Muertes honorables causadas: 88541
\(^.~)/

by Avarius | 03/04/2010 04:11:11

Avarius

Good luck my friend, you will be missed. I've enjoyed the long chats and quirkiness. I wish you well in your future travels. =)

by Vaeflare | 03/04/2010 20:06:02

Vaeflare

Eyonix:

Thank you for being an incredibly "genuine" person. Whether in discussing the casual topic of the day with coworkers, or in how to better interact with and support and nurture the World of Warcraft Community, your insight and interests always remained just that: genuine.

It has been an incredible honor to work with you and to have the opportunity to get to know you better as a person (or talking tiny crimson whelpling, depending on how you look at it. ;) ).

You will certainly be missed, as your presence has unquestioningly made a positive impact on those around you, and the World of Warcraft Community at large.

I wish you only the best of luck with your future endeavors.

by Auryk | 04/04/2010 23:15:23

Auryk

I remember when I was but a lad watching you post on the Warlock forums, reading your responses with the wide eyed wonder of a player infatuated with everything Blizzard. It has been a pleasure to get to know you, and you will surely be missed. Good luck, sir.

Oh, and.....

<.<
>.>

Can I have your avatar?

by Datth | 05/04/2010 20:12:10

Datth

It's been a good many years, man. I remember being MVP back in the old Battle.net days and seeing you around. Take care and best wishes.

Tech Support